Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Well to top everything off both.. BOTH of my trucks broke down. I have a 2002 Dodge cummins 4 wheel drive that we call the "wolf wagon" due to the jump boxes that I have on it for coyote hunting and the dog boxes behind that.. I think when I drive through town people think I'm the dog catcher. I also have a 2006 Dodge cummins 4 wheel drive that I use mainly for going to town or if I have a job somewhere I have to drive to. I don't owe anything on these trucks and my wife's 2006 Volkswagen TDI is also paid for. Several years ago I decided I wasn't going to go in debt any more and would just make due with the trucks I have. Its not that I couldn't afford a new truck its just that I see debt as something that takes away from what I really want to do. Wealth now is measured by the amount of free time I have to spend in the mountains or following the hounds. But at times I wonder if its worth it .. cost of repairs and the frustration of being broke down and not being able to get out and about. Oh well it will just be a week or so and in the mean time I borrowed my fathers truck.

I'm fortunate that I can get the hounds out right from my place. I have miles and miles of BLM so I just saddled the mule and went. It was windy and cold but the hounds liked it and after about 12 miles they are ready to lay up in their dog houses and rest. I will get them out again in the next day or two but in the mean time more loading and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment